1883: The Homewood Retreat is founded.
1902: The Homewood Retreat becomes The Homewood Sanitarium.
1906: Homewood Sanitarium expands adding the Colonial and Vista buildings. Both are stone buildings in classical design. Colonial is a large edifice with two wings and classical columns.
1906: The Homewood School of Nursing opens.
1911: The Guthrie House (also called the Manor building) is destroyed by fire.
1912: A new Manor building opens. Situated 500 feet up the hill from where the old Manor had been, the new, red brick, E-shaped building has two wings, with classical columns and three-storey Queen Anne style turrets.
1946: Riverslea mansion is purchased from the Goldie family and renovated as a patient unit.
1959: The Ontario Hospital Services Commission begins. The Blue Cross insurance plan makes beds at Homewood more accessible to a larger segment of the population.
1968: Homewood becomes the first psychiatric facility in Ontario, and the second in Canada, to receive accreditation from the Canadian Council of Hospital Accreditation.
1972: Homewood reaches the capacity of 312 patient beds.
1991: The Hamilton building opens, providing a new dining room and Lecture Theatre.
1992: The Homewood Sanitarium becomes Homewood Health Centre Inc.
2008: Homewood Health Centre celebrates 125 years of service with an exhibition at the Guelph Civic Museum
2010: Schlegel Health Care Inc. purchases the Homewood Corporation.